News. Dumfries House Estate open to visitors
4th of January, 2021
Updated: 4th January, 2021
In line with government guidance, whilst the wider Estate and the Walled Garden will remain open (with toilet facilities to the rear of the visitor centre open daily from 9am-5pm) all other buildings and facilties on the estate will be closed.
The Queen Elizabeth Walled Garden
The Maguire Arboretum
Dumfries House (tours and events)
Dumfries House Lodge
The Coach House Café
The Visitor Centre
New Cumnock Outdoor Swimming Pool
Education programmes on the estate
Access and parking
- Access is available by foot, by bicycle, and mobility transport via paths and roads where it is safe to pass.
- Access by car is via the entrance on the A70 Cumnock-Ayr road. The Barony Road entrance remains closed to vehicles.
- The main car park is subject to control by Dumfries House supervisors, with the number of spaces capped and parking subject to social distancing requirements.
Public outside spaces
- Public spaces such as the Arboretum and woodland walks are available to visitors. Seating alongside paths is available for use but, as with any such facility in a public space, is to be used at visitors’ discretion and will not be subject to regular cleaning.
- The Adventure Playground and The Engineering Playground are open. We would politely request that visitors to the estate respect social distancing guidelines and the personal space of others while also adhering to advice conveyed on signs throughout the estate. Owners must keep pets on leads and clean up after them.
- The Queen Elizabeth Walled Garden is open from 10am until 4.30pm daily, with the last entry at 4pm. Entry to the Walled Garden is £3, payable via the honesty box at the entrance. Visitors are asked to follow social distancing guidelines while visiting.
We would politely ask that visitors respect social distancing guidelines and the personal space of others while also adhering to advice conveyed on signs throughout the estate. Pets must be kept on leads.
Visitors are welcome to bring picnics to be enjoyed in areas unlikely to inhibit others.
We look forward to welcoming you!