Housekeeper at Dumfries House Lodge
There is a position in the Housekeeping Department at the Dumfries House Lodge for an enthusiastic and hardworking person, who will be equally at home working as part of a team or individually.
The Housekeeping Attendant is a professional that ensures a positive overall impression of the property as well as providing the necessary service of ensuring clean and comfortable rooms for guests. The impression created by the housemaid attendant is crucial to the reputation and success of Dumfries House Lodge. Therefore, it is essential that Housemaid attendants be highly thorough and professional in completing their duties.
The Housekeeping Attendant positively represents Dumfries House Lodge through the daily cleaning of assigned guestrooms. They are required to maintain a flexible schedule that includes days, nights, holidays & weekends.
Dumfries House Lodge encourages all employees to strive for a professional environment that promotes creativity, teamwork and respect and consideration for one another.
Dumfries House Lodge Manager.
Required to maintain a flexible schedule that includes days, nights, holidays & weekends.
The post is based at the offices of the Prince’s Foundation at the Dumfries House Estate, Cumnock, Scotland KA18 2NJ.
- Maintains a professional appearance with a positive attitude and is adaptable and flexible.
- Is patient, helpful and is interested in the welfare of the guests and staff.
- Has great attention for detail and works well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Has good time management.
- Is organized and able to prioritise workload.
- Able to multi-task for the benefit of quality services.
- Able to work efficiently and independently with minimal supervision.
- Takes pride in a job well done.
It is in the nature of the work of the Prince's Foundation that tasks and responsibilities are, in many circumstances, unpredictable and varied. All staff are therefore expected to work in a flexible way when the occasion arises that tasks which are not specifically covered in their Job Description have to be undertaken.
- Understanding of and support for the ethos and principles underlying the Prince’s Foundation.
- Ability to work proactively and flexibly under pressure and to achieve set objectives.
- Strong organisation skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Competencies necessary for the role include; strategic thinking, teamwork, working to deadlines.
How to apply:
Please submit a cover letter and CV to Attention of email@example.com Please title email: [Insert Name] Housekeeper Application.
Applications by post should be made to: Colin Caird, Dumfries House Estate, Cumnock, Ayrshire, KA18 2NJ
Deadline for applications:
The deadline for applications is Friday 24th May.; applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
About The Prince's Foundation:
The Prince's Foundation was created in 2018, as a result of the consolidation of four existing charities, The Prince's Foundation for Building Community, The Prince's Regeneration Trust, The Great Steward of Scotland's Dumfries House Trust, and The Prince's School of Traditional Arts.
The Prince's Foundation by focusing on three core tiers - Education, Projects, and Attractions - delivers work to improve the built environment, save heritage, and promote culture and education. Through education The Prince's Foundation aims to create sustainably planned, built, and maintained communities, championing and celebrating the most important part of any community: its people. The charity continues to train a generation of architects, craftspeople, master planners, and place makers, in order to ensure the continuation of the kind of timeless skills which have been developed over generations.
For more information on the work of The Prince’s Foundation please visit princes-foundation.org