Housekeeper at Dumfries House Lodge
There is a position in the Housekeeping Department at the Dumfries House Lodge for an enthusiastic and hardworking person, who will be equally at home working as part of a team or individually.
The Housekeeping Attendant is a professional that ensures a positive overall impression of the property as well as providing the necessary service of ensuring clean and comfortable rooms for guests. The impression created by the housemaid attendant is crucial to the reputation and success of Dumfries House Lodge. Therefore, it is essential that Housemaid attendants be highly thorough and professional in completing their duties.
The Housekeeping Attendant positively represents Dumfries House Lodge through the daily cleaning of assigned guestrooms. They are required to maintain a flexible schedule that includes days, nights, holidays & weekends.
Dumfries House Lodge encourages all employees to strive for a professional environment that promotes creativity, teamwork and respect and consideration for one another.
Head Housekeeper / Lodge Manager
This includes weekends.
The post is based at Dumfries House Lodge, Dumfries House Estate, Cumnock, Scotland KA18 2NJ
- Maintains a professional appearance with a positive attitude and is adaptable and flexible.
- Is patient, helpful and is interested in the welfare of the guests and staff.
- Has great attention for detail and works well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Has good time management.
- Is organized and able to prioritise workload.
- Able to multi-task for the benefit of quality services.
- Able to work efficiently and independently with minimal supervision.
- Takes pride in a job well done.
- Delivering a high standard of customer service particularly when giving guests a warm welcome to the house and ensuring their needs are catered for.
- Understanding the history of Dumfries House and relaying this to guests of the House.
- We are looking for an enthusiastic and hardworking individual who can work as part of a team as well as working conscientiously on their own.
- The candidate must be able to interact with customers, experience in a public facing role is advantageous.
- Please note experience in hospitality is desirable not essential, All training will be provided.
- A polite manner and being able to work well under pressure in a busy environment
How to apply:
Please submit a cover letter and CV to Attention of firstname.lastname@example.org Please title email: [Insert Name] Housekeeper Application.
Applications by post should be made to: Colin Caird, Dumfries House Estate, Cumnock, Ayrshire, KA18 2NJ
Deadline for applications:
Sunday 15th September 2019
About The Prince's Foundation:
The Prince's Foundation was created in 2018, as a result of the consolidation of four existing charities, The Prince's Foundation for Building Community, The Prince's Regeneration Trust, The Great Steward of Scotland's Dumfries House Trust, and The Prince's School of Traditional Arts.
The Prince's Foundation by focusing on three core tiers - Education, Projects, and Attractions - delivers work to improve the built environment, save heritage, and promote culture and education. Through education The Prince's Foundation aims to create sustainably planned, built, and maintained communities, championing and celebrating the most important part of any community: its people. The charity continues to train a generation of architects, craftspeople, master planners, and place makers, in order to ensure the continuation of the kind of timeless skills which have been developed over generations.
For more information on the work of The Prince’s Foundation please visit princes-foundation.org