We have an exciting and prosperous future in store for the estate, which will include the renovation and repair of numerous structures and buildings throughout the grounds, and the development of our environmentally sustainable Knockroon community and Dumfries House Home Farm.
In order to bring these plans to fruition, we are seeking an experienced, highly organised Management Accountant to join our friendly and professional team.
The Management Accountant will be responsible for carrying out the following duties:
- Preparing the fully consolidated monthly management accounts pack & relevant variance analysis
- Preparing monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Maintaining the Fixed Asset register
- Preparing quarterly VAT returns
- Circulating monthly management information to Heads of Department
- Carrying out monthly reviews of debtor balances & credit control procedures
- Assisting in cash management and cash flow forecasting
- Assisting in the annual budget process
- Assisting in the preparation of the year-end audit pack, and at all stages of the statutory audit process
- Supervising two accounts assistants, ensuring that the integrity of financial data is maintained
- Supervising payroll process and administration of the company pension scheme
The main requirements for this role are:
- Fully qualified accountant CA or ACCA with minimum of 2 years post qualification experience gained in a similar role or in accountancy practice
- Experience of charity accounting and a sound knowledge of all relevant legislation
- Thorough knowledge of Sage accounting software
- Strong interpersonal skills, the ability to communicate at all levels of the business
- Ability to manage own time, effectively balance workloads & work to tight deadlines
Other desirable qualities include:
- Previous experience of accounting within the construction industry.
Salary circa £30,000, expression of interest should be sent to Recruitment@dumfries-house.org.uk complete with a covering letter and cv detailing your experience and qualifications for the role.