News. Dumfries House Estate open to visitors (UPDATED)
30th of April, 2021
Updated: 26th August, 2021
Dumfries House has now opened for a limited allocation of tours. Please go to 'Book Now' to search for availability.
Sunday lunches at Woodlands are now available for £24.50 for two courses and £30 for three courses. They are served from 12-2pm each Sunday. To book, call 01290 425959.
We are delighted that The Coach House Café has reopened, serving lunches, snacks and refreshments daily from 10am-4.30pm.
Contactless payment is encouraged and card payments are accepted, but we are not accepting cash in order to maintain positive hygiene among our staff and guests.
Those taking away food and drink are encouraged to buy from the kiosk adjacent to the café and Visitor Centre. The kiosk will serve hot and cold drinks as well as homebaking, ice cream and ice lollies, and sweet and savoury snacks. It will remain open, weather-permitting, from 10am-4.30pm every day.
We are also delighted that Dumfries House Lodge, the estate’s five-star luxury B&B, reopened to guests on Saturday 1 May.
The country guest house, which sits on the edge of the 2000-acre estate and is a just a few minutes’ walk from Dumfries House itself, was officially opened by HRH The Prince of Wales in 2012. The award-winning lodge features 22 luxurious guest rooms and two self-catering cottages.
The Queen Elizabeth Walled Garden
The Maguire Arboretum
New Cumnock Outdoor Swimming Pool
Dumfries House Tours (limited slots)
The Visitor Centre
Dumfries House (events)
Access and parking
- Access is available by foot, by bicycle, and mobility transport via paths and roads where it is safe to pass.
- Access by car is via the entrance on the A70 Cumnock-Ayr road. The Barony Road entrance remains closed to vehicles.
- The main car park is subject to control by Dumfries House supervisors, with the number of spaces capped and parking subject to social distancing requirements.
Public outside spaces
- Public spaces such as the Arboretum and woodland walks are available to visitors. Seating alongside paths is available for use but, as with any such facility in a public space, is to be used at visitors’ discretion and will not be subject to regular cleaning.
- The Adventure Playground and The Engineering Playground are open. We would politely request that visitors to the estate respect the personal space of others while also adhering to advice conveyed on signs throughout the estate. Owners must keep pets on leads and clean up after them.
- The Queen Elizabeth Walled Garden is open from 10am until 4.30pm daily, with the last entry at 4pm. Entry to the Walled Garden is £3, payable via the honesty box at the entrance. Visitors are asked to follow social distancing guidelines while visiting.
We would politely ask that visitors respect the personal space of others while also adhering to advice conveyed on signs throughout the estate. Pets must be kept on leads.
Visitors are welcome to bring picnics to be enjoyed in areas unlikely to inhibit others.
We look forward to welcoming you!