The Pink Murano Glass Chandelier. One of two Murano Glass Chandeliers at Dumfries House.
The spectacular pink Murano chandelier dates from c.1760 but was first brought to Dumfries House in the early twentieth century. In 2007 it was found in a room on the lower floor of the house. Fortunately, almost all the individual parts survived and the chandelier could be reassembled with only one piece needing replacement. In 2011 The Great Steward of Scotland's Dumfries House Trust sent the chandelier to a glass workshop in Kent where it was restored before being re-hung.
The chandelier consists of 18 arms of hand-blown glass complete with delicate floral ornaments and weighs a total of 35kg. A rare treat is to see the chandelier lit during an evening tour of the house on Valentine's Day or during the festive period.